Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sunday fun @ The Inman Park Spring Festival


Today was a nice, relaxing day in Inman Park, Atlanta's oldest suburb, for the annual Inman Park Spring Festival.  


the Old Trolley Barn at Inman Park

Aside from the heat and humidity, this day could not have been more perfect.


                                       

I very much enjoyed strolling the tree-lined streets and admiring the historic, ornate Victorian homes which the area is known for. All the while, I found myself imagining how I would furnish and landscape such a house if I were to own one. One can dream, can't they?

















This was my first time attending the festival, and I was overall impressed with the number of vendors on display. I wasn't expecting it to be as large as it was. Local artist and illustrator James Dean (not to be confused with THE James Dean), whose famous Pete the Cat art can be found all over the city, had a booth displaying his art work which was a real treat to see.





I especially loved these beautiful collage tree pictures, for sale by another artist. As an artist myself (with an affinity for mosaics as well as collages), I was truly inspired.




All sorts of other nice things could be found as well from home and garden decor to fashion accessories.

 







































No comments:

Post a Comment